Disabled Man Rescued From Fire Dies at Hospital


Firefighters rescue disabled man in Cleveland. (3/6/12)

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CLEVELAND — A spokesperson for the Cleveland Fire Department tells Fox 8 News that a disabled man who was rescued from an overnight house fire on Cleveland’s east side has died at the hospital.

Larry Gray says that the middle-aged man’s identity is being withheld pending family notification.

Crews saved the disabled man from the blaze that broke out at approximately 3 a.m. inside a home on East 149th Street just off of St. Clair Avenue.

A neighbor noticed the flames and called 911.

After the man was pulled from the burning structure, he was transported to MetroHealth Medical Center. That’s where he succumbed to his injuries.

Investigators do not yet know how the fire started, but Gray says that no working smoke detectors were found inside the house.

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral