ArcelorMittal employs more than 18,000 people in America, according to its website.
The deal includes more than 25 facilities, including mines, steelmaking facilities, and other operations.
ArcelorMittal is the largest steel manufacturer in North and South America, according to the company.
The $1.4 billion deal will make Cleveland-Cliffs the largest flat-rolled steel producer in North America, according to a press release.
The move also makes Cleveland-Cliffs the largest iron ore pellet producer in North America.
Cleveland-Cliffs was founded in 1847.
Cleveland-Cliffs also acquired AK Steel in March 2020.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Pope elevating 13 new cardinals in ceremony marked by COVID
- Parma residents surprised with early visit from Santa during drive-by parade
- FBI asking for public’s help identifying man accused of robbing bank in South Euclid
- ‘You are not the mask police’: Woman told not to return to store after asking employee to put on mask
- John Travolta thanks fans for their support as he celebrates first Thanksgiving without late wife