CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) — A staff member has tested positive for COVID-19, the Cleveland Browns announced Wednesday morning.
According to a statement, the facility is currently closed, and meetings will take place remotely while contact tracing is conducted to identify any potential high-risk close contacts.
“The team will continue to consult with the league and medical experts on the appropriate next steps as the health and safety of our players, coaches, staff and the entire community remains our highest priority,” the release states.
Multiple players have tested positive or have been placed on the team’s COVID-19 list in the past couple of weeks.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s what is holding up those $1,400 payments
- California lifts virus stay-at-home orders, curfew statewide
- Juvenile arrested in killings of 5, including pregnant woman
- Newsfeed Now: House to deliver articles of impeachment to Senate, Bucs make Super Bowl history
- Senators to introduce bill to raise Ohio minimum wage