CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) — A Cleveland Browns player and a staff member have tested positive for COVID-19, the team announced Wednesday.
According to a statement, the Browns facility is currently closed while contact tracing is taking place to identify any high-risk close contacts.
The statement continues: “The team will continue to work remotely and follow the NFL-NFLPA intensive protocols as the health and safety of our team, staff and the entire community is our highest priority.”
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Some states drop COVID-19 mask mandates but still urge people to wear them – which message will win out?
- Search resumes for 6-year-old Middletown boy allegedly killed by mom
- Stark County Sheriff’s Office searching for missing Canton man
- East Cleveland detectives find drugs hidden in energy drinks, make arrest
- Biden to mark ‘Bloody Sunday’ by signing voting-rights order