*Watch the Browns head coach discuss Myles Garrett being added to the reserve/COVID-19 list in the video above.*
CLEVELAND (WJW) — Cleveland Browns linebacker Sione Takitaki is the latest player to be added to the team’s reserve/COVID-19 list.
The category was created for players who either test positive for COVID-19 or who have been quarantined after coming into close contact with someone who has it.
“Per agreed upon NFL-NFLPA policy, clubs are not permitted to comment on player’s medical status other than referring to roster status. Clubs may not disclose whether player is in quarantine or is positive for COVID-19,” the Browns said in a press release.
Earlier today, the team announced that an unidentified player had tested positive for COVID-19.
The training facility is closed and all work is being done remotely while contact tracing is conducted.
The Browns are scheduled to play the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- 3 men, including Ohio entrepreneur, paying to fly to space station; Here’s what it will cost them…
- Watch Live: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine gives update on coronavirus vaccine rollout
- Republicans reintroduce amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress
- Westlake police warn of recent residential burglaries, asking for public’s help
- Senate confirms Antony Blinken as 71st secretary of state