CHICAGO (WJW) — A bird and an airplane reportedly collided this afternoon causing a Cleveland-bound flight to head back to O’Hare International Airport, TMZ said.
The plane’s front windshield was reportedly severely cracked from the encounter not long after take-off, TMZ said.
American Airlines reported to FOX 8 that no one was injured from or during the “mechanical issue” and that pilots were able to make a safe landing in Chicago. Flight 3408, operated by Envoy Airlines, reportedly re-departed to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport soon after.
“We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused,” the airline said in a statement.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Chance for shower/mix Tuesday; Temps raise Wednesday
- Pennsylvania halts alcohol sales in bars, restaurants night before Thanksgiving
- WATCH video: Alliance police rescue woman from vehicle sinking in river
- Cleveland tops 10,000 total coronavirus cases
- Coronavirus relief: When will lawmakers reach deal on more help for Americans?