CHICAGO (WJW) — A bird and an airplane reportedly collided this afternoon causing a Cleveland-bound flight to head back to O’Hare International Airport, TMZ said.
The plane’s front windshield was reportedly severely cracked from the encounter not long after take-off, TMZ said.
American Airlines reported to FOX 8 that no one was injured from or during the “mechanical issue” and that pilots were able to make a safe landing in Chicago. Flight 3408, operated by Envoy Airlines, reportedly re-departed to Cleveland Hopkins International Airport soon after.
“We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused,” the airline said in a statement.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- ‘No need to panic’: White House says things will be back to normal now that Colonial Pipeline is back online
- Woman assaulted with meat at South Euclid Walmart
- WATCH LIVE: CDC to say vaccinated people can ditch masks indoors in many instances
- Gina DeJesus carjacked at gunpoint: I-Team
- Ohio vaccine lottery: Who is eligible for the weekly $1 million, scholarship prizes — and what do they need to do?