CLEVELAND — The city of Cleveland is rolling out road closures and parking restrictions for ‘The First Pitch of Summer’ event this Saturday.
The event, taking place Saturday, June 8 at 10 a.m., happens before the first pitch in the Cleveland Indians vs. New York Yankees game at 4:10 p.m. The ball used for the ceremonial pitch will have a long journey. 1,000 people will take part in pitching the ball from League Park to Progressive Field.
The road closures and parking restrictions will begin at 8 a.m. and will take place on the following roads:
- East 66th Street – Lexington Ave. to Chester Ave.
- Chester Avenue (westbound) – East 66th Street to East 21st Street
- East 21st Street – Chester Avenue to Prospect Avenue
- Prospect Avenue – East 21st Street to Bolivar Road
- Bolivar Road – Prospect Avenue to East 9th Street
- Linwood Avenue – East 66th Street to East 70th Street
If you want to take part in the pitch relay, you have to register here in advance.
The first 1,250 registrants for the pitch relay will receive an event t-shirt, access to the festival at League Park and a ticket to a Cleveland Indians home game in September.
More details on the party here.