Movie lovers are invited to return to the theatre on Friday, August 14, to enjoy beloved “Comeback Classic” films such as “Back to the Future,” “Ghostbusters,” “Jurassic Park” and more.
Tickets are $5 for adults and $3 for children and seniors. Tickets can be purchased online beginning Friday, August 7.
Cinemark says concession prices will also be “greatly reduced.”
Moviegoers looking for a more personal experience can book a Private Watch Party and host a private screening of a “Comeback Classic” film in a dedicated auditorium for up to 20 guests starting at $99.
All Cinemark locations that choose to reopen will have enhanced cleanliness, sanitizing and safety measures. The following precautions have been taken to protect customers and employees while they enjoy movies:
- All theatres will reopen with staggered showtimes to maximize physical distancing.
- Seat-Buffering Technology will automatically block seats adjacent to a party upon ticket purchase.
- Face masks are mandatory for all guests within the theatre and may only be removed for eating and drinking in the auditoriums.
- Cinemark is substantially raising the fresh air rate in its building HVAC systems by adding purge cycles and constantly using supply fans to increase total volume of fresh, outside air flowing into our theatres. All theatres utilize MERV filters in its HVAC systems.
- Cinemark vacuums are equipped with High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filters identified to be effective in trapping at least 99.97 percent of microscopic particles, including COVID-19.
- All public and high-touch spaces, such as concession stands, door handles, drink stations, self-ticketing kiosks, benches and restrooms will be thoroughly sanitized every 30 minutes using products identified by the EPA to be effective in eliminating COVID-19.
- Each auditorium will be disinfected every morning, and all handrails and occupied seats, along with those on either side, will be sanitized between show times.
- For additional assurance, there will be seat wipes and ample hand sanitizer available for customer use.
- Auditoriums will have limited capacities that meet or exceed local ordinances.
- Cinemark has streamlined its in-theatre ticket verification processes, no longer requiring digital ticket holders to carry a paper ticket, and moviegoers purchasing tickets at the theatre will no longer need to hand their printed ticket to an usher. All are encouraged to purchase tickets online and use contactless payment methods for a more contact-free experience.
- Guests who are not feeling well are asked to stay home, and Cinemark will gladly provide a full ticket refund.
- To help reduce potential contact between cash and food-handling areas, cash payments will not be accepted at the concession stand. However, each theatre will have a designated area where cash will be accepted, and gift cards will be available.
- There will be plenty of in-theatre signage that will encourage moviegoers to practice proper physical distancing as well as showcase the new protocols involved in The Cinemark Standard.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Ohio elections leaders still looking for more than 20-thousand poll workers
- Car crashes into house in Trumbull County, killing sleeping man
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station
- Free coronavirus testing Saturday in several Northeast Ohio counties
- Pregnant woman rescues husband from shark attack