Lake Metroparks has convenient Christmas tree recycling drop off locations throughout Lake County.
Trees will be chipped and the chips then composted or used as mulch at various Lake Metroparks locations.
Tree bins have been installed at the following parks:
- Chagrin River Park, 3100 Reeves Rd., Willoughby/Eastlake
- Chapin Forest Reservation, 9938 Chillicothe Rd. (Rt. 306), Kirtland
- Concord Woods Nature Park, 11211 Spear Rd., Concord Twp.
- Erie Shores Golf Course, 7298 Lake Rd. E., Madison
- Girdled Road Reservation, 12926 Radcliffe Rd., Concord Twp.
- Grand River Landing, 1181 N. St. Clair St., Fairport Harbor
- Gully Brook Park, 2100 River Rd., Willoughby Hills
- Helen Hazen Wyman Park, 6101 Painesville-Warren Rd. (Rt. 86), Concord Twp.
- Hidden Valley Park, 4872 Klasen Rd., Madison Twp.
- Lakeshore Reservation, 4799 Lockwood Rd., North Perry Village
- Parsons Gardens, 37840 Erie Rd., Willoughby
- Penitentiary Glen Reservation, 8668 Kirtland-Chardon Rd., Kirtland
- Pete’s Pond Preserve, 2255 Rockefeller Rd., Wickliffe
- Veterans Park, 5730 Hopkins Rd., Mentor
All decorations (including garland/tinsel) should be removed prior to placing tree in a recycling bin.
Bins will be removed the week of January 17, 2013.
*If you don’t see your town on this list, contact your local city officials for instructions.