Child Dies From Burns Suffered in Fire


MGN Online

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LORAIN, Ohio — A 4-year-old boy has died after being injured in a house fire last month.

Firefighters were called to 1045 W. 19th Street in Lorain at 1 a.m. back on March 23.

4-year-old Nasire King and several other people inside escaped the blaze.

When crews arrived, the first floor was engulfed in flames. Officials say the fire quickly spread to the second floor and attic of the home.

The fire was under control by about 1:43 a.m., but the home was a total loss, according to reports.

Nasire suffered from severe burns and was being treated in the MetroHealth burn unit. He died Tuesday morning.

Officials say the blaze was started after one of Nasire’s siblings accidentally set fire to a blanket on the bed he was sleeping on.

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral

Stay informed: Download the FOX 8 App