WESTLAKE, Ohio (WJW) — Charges are pending after a woman reportedly set the contents of a dumpster on fire at the Red Roof Inn Cleveland – Westlake on Clemens Road, the Westlake Police Department reported on its blotter.
Police happened to be driving by the hotel on Nov. 20 at about 11:15 p.m. when an officer reportedly saw a fire started in the parking lot.
After calling the fire department, police spoke with witnesses who said a woman staying at the hotel had been seen walking away from the dumpster.
Police were reportedly able to track down the 30-year-old female suspect, who said she started the fire “to rid the contents of snakes.” Police also reportedly found the woman in possession of “suspected methamphetamine.”
She was taken to the hospital for care and evaluation. Police said that the woman and her boyfriend had been staying at the inn and were recently evicted.
Arson and narcotic possession charges are reportedly pending, police said.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Senate confirms Antony Blinken as 71st secretary of state
- Miley Cyrus to play Super Bowl concert for vaccinated frontline workers
- Kellyanne Conway accused of tweeting topless photo of 16-year-old daughter
- WATCH: Dashcam video of police chase involving Cleveland mayor’s grandson
- Polk County ‘Paramedic of the Year’ arrested in theft of COVID vaccines