CHARDON, Ohio (WJW) — A treasured Chardon event is not going on this holiday season.
Scheduled for Dec. 3, the city’s Christmas tree lighting ceremony in Chardon Square has been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The city is not alone in canceling holiday events, Akron also recently made a similar announcement (as seen in the video above).
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- What to expect at an inauguration unlike any other
- Women to wear pearls, Converse on Inauguration Day in Harris’ honor
- US agency orders Ford to recall 3 million vehicles over air bags
- Cleveland establishes call center for coronavirus vaccine questions
- ‘Will be back in some form’: President Donald Trump, First Lady Melania depart D.C. ahead of inauguration