Chardon Shooting Survivor Begins Rehabilitation

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

The lone remaining hospitalized survivor of last Monday’s Chardon High School shootings is beginning rehabilitation for his injuries.

According to a statement from the Cleveland Clinic, Nick Walczak, has been transferred from Hillcrest Hospital to Metro Health Medical Center to undergo what the hospital describes as ‘intensive rehabilitation’.

Last week Walczak’s mother, Holly, provided some insight to her son’s condition at a press conference.

Holly mentioned that Nick was slowly regaining feeling in his legs.

Nick had been shot four times, including twice in the neck, once in the back and once in the upper portion of his arm.

Holly said at the press conference that Nick’s recovery would be a slow process and that he was in need of spine therapy.

She later added, “[The doctors] are cautiously optimistic.”

Holly said that Nick’s memory of what took place that day is somewhat sketchy at this point.

“He wasn’t clear about it. [The memories] are all real fussy for him right now. I think that things are just starting to come back,” said Walczak. “He is seeing a psychiatrist through the hospital, so this will help his memory.”

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral

Stay informed: Download the FOX 8 App