CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – Bishop Edward Malesic was installed as the 12th bishop of the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland Monday afternoon.
A mass was held at the Cathedral of St. John the Evangelist in downtown Cleveland. You can see the entire mass, below:
Mass attendance was by ticket only.
Pope Francis made the appointment in July.
Bishop Malesic comes from the Diocese of Greensburg, Pennsylvania.
He had been with the Diocese in Greensburg since 2015.
Bishop Malesic takes the place of Bishop Nelson Perez.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- ‘No end date in sight’: Some of Ohio’s most vulnerable not yet eligible for COVID-19 vaccine
- Spotty snow showers are back in the forecast this weekend in Northeast Ohio
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Cleveland police searching for endangered 12-year-old girl