Car destroyed by fire after driver uses hand sanitizer while smoking cigarette

News

MONTGOMERY COUNTY, Md. (WJW) — A car caught on fire after the driver was smoking a cigarette while using hand sanitizer.

It happened in Rockville, Maryland, on May 13.

According to Pete Piringer, public information officer for Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Service, the car was a total loss.

The driver suffered minor burns.

Piringer said hand sanitizer and smoking are “a bad combo in an unventilated area like a car.”

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral