Canton police warn teens about curfew during Hall of Fame weekend

News
This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

CANTON, Ohio – As organizers and volunteers work overtime preparing for Saturday’s huge Pro Football Hall of Fame parade, police are preparing for arrests involving teenagers.

Officers confirm that they will be strictly enforcing the city’s curfew ordinance that says, “No minor shall loiter, idle, wander, stroll or play, or be in or on any vehicle between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.”

The crackdown comes after dozens of teens were taken into custody last year during the HOF weekend for fighting and hanging out past curfew.

“We just want to make sure everyone’s responsible and doing the right thing,” said Drew Felberg, parade vice chairman.

Especially since this is the first year the city’s open container, outdoor refreshment area has been in effect and more than 200,000 people are expected to attend the parade.

Getting tickets is encouraged and police are discouraging even adults from camping out.

Tickets are still available and can be picked up at the Will Call tent located at Cleveland Ave. and 5th St. downtown.

The curfew sweep will begin at 12:01 a.m. Friday and continue throughout the weekend.

Any minor caught without a parent or legal guardian will be taken into custody and held until a parent picks them up, at which time they could face penalties and be charged with misdemeanor curfew violations.

FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral