CANTON, Ohio — The Canton Fire Department is investigating a hot air balloon accident that happened Saturday night.
Canton Fire Chief Tom Garra tells FOX 8 News, firefighters were called to the 800 block of Marion Ave. at around 8:35 p.m. for a balloon which had crashed into a power line.
Garra confirmed to FOX 8 the balloon was part of the Pro Football Hall of Fame Balloon Classic.
The pilot said he was attempting to land when he made contact with the power line; he witnessed sparks and arcing upon contact.
He refused medical treatment on-scene. The pilot told firefighters there was about $2,000 in damage done to the balloon.