CLEVELAND (AP/WJW) — The Cleveland Browns defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers today, helping to secure their spot in the playoffs for the first time since 2002.
Kicking off at 1 p.m., the Steelers were not able to get anything done early. With Baker Mayfield and the offense taking to the field, they were able to get a touchdown done, thanks to Nick Chubb. The Browns were up 7.
Into the second quarter, the Browns were able to widen their lead, after Cody Parkey made a field goal. The score was 10-0.
Steelers are now on the board with two field goals, 10-6. And that’s the score at halftime.
With less than a minute on the clock, Browns player Donovan Peoples-Jones got hurt and was taken to the sidelines. He is reportedly being evaluated for a concussion.
Now into the third quarter, Peoples-Jones is officially out with a concussion.
The Steelers were able to procure another field goal and the score is now 10-9.
The Browns were able to answer with their own touchdown drive, and the score is now 17-9.
After a beautiful interception, the Browns scored another touchdown. And the score moved to 24-9.
The Browns kept the momentum going in the fourth and fought hard to beat the Steelers 24 to 22. They are officially heading to the playoffs!
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- CDC: Boosters 90% effective against hospitalization from omicron
- NFL ends daily COVID-19 testing for all players
- Arnold Schwarzenegger reportedly involved in multi-car crash
- University Hospitals sets deadline for caregivers to get vaccinated
- Cleveland, Akron, Canton extend hours at warming centers during frigid weekend