AKRON, Ohio (WJW) – The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office said Tuesday afternoon the cause of death of two people found inside a burning home in Akron is gunshot wounds.
Homicide detectives were at the home in the 1000 block of Brown St. Tuesday morning. The Akron Fire Department responded to a house fire at around 6 a.m. When firefighters arrived, crews reported light smoke at the rear of the home. Authorities said two bodies were found inside.
The medical examiner identified the two people found dead as Justin Lee Walker, 34, of Akron; and, Melinda Kay Pointer, 47, of Akron. Both victims had been shot in the head and torso, the medical examiner’s office said.
There were two calls about the fire to law enforcement, one that stated there was a fire in the backyard near a home. The other stated there was a house on fire.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Akron Police Department Detective Bureau at 330-375-2490 or 330-375-2Tip.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Kobe Bryant’s widow to settle lawsuit over deadly crash
- ‘Chase the Flavor’ helps you sharpen your cooking skills without leaving your own kitchen
- Britney Spears set to make rare remarks to conservatorship judge
- ‘Hero bartender’ saves woman from harassment using fake receipt
- Jared Bell, of Drake and Josh, to answer to charges against him in court