AKRON, Ohio (WJW) – The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office said Tuesday afternoon the cause of death of two people found inside a burning home in Akron is gunshot wounds.
Homicide detectives were at the home in the 1000 block of Brown St. Tuesday morning. The Akron Fire Department responded to a house fire at around 6 a.m. When firefighters arrived, crews reported light smoke at the rear of the home. Authorities said two bodies were found inside.
The medical examiner identified the two people found dead as Justin Lee Walker, 34, of Akron; and, Melinda Kay Pointer, 47, of Akron. Both victims had been shot in the head and torso, the medical examiner’s office said.
There were two calls about the fire to law enforcement, one that stated there was a fire in the backyard near a home. The other stated there was a house on fire.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Akron Police Department Detective Bureau at 330-375-2490 or 330-375-2Tip.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Scientists need your help counting walruses from space
- Fauci says 1-shot J&J vaccine should have been 2
- Wild weather blog: Photos, videos of water spouts and hail in Northeast Ohio
- Stimulus check update: A fourth payment would be critical for many, study says
- Another Cardinals player out with COVID before today’s game