CUSTER STATE PARK, S.D. (KELO) — Officials at Custer State Park are reminding people to keep their distance after an incident with a bison left a woman unconscious.
It all started Wednesday evening when a woman got off a motorcycle and approached a bison calf, The Custer County Chronicle reports.
An adult bison charged her, catching her belt on its horn and tossing her around violently.
Eventually her pants came off, and she fell to the ground.
The paper says she was flown to the hospital, but her injuries were not serious.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Reese’s launches Big Cups with Pretzels because ‘we’re all feeling a little bit salty’ in 2020
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- Temperatures rising through the week
- Cleveland Indians clinch playoff spot with walkoff win over White Sox
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case