CUSTER STATE PARK, S.D. (KELO) — Officials at Custer State Park are reminding people to keep their distance after an incident with a bison left a woman unconscious.
It all started Wednesday evening when a woman got off a motorcycle and approached a bison calf, The Custer County Chronicle reports.
An adult bison charged her, catching her belt on its horn and tossing her around violently.
Eventually her pants came off, and she fell to the ground.
The paper says she was flown to the hospital, but her injuries were not serious.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Texas linebacker Jake Ehlinger found dead in Austin
- Cleveland 911 dispatchers caught sleeping on job, talking to inmates
- Florida principal under investigation after paddling child
- Ohio babysitter charged with abuse of toddler after parents place hidden camera
- Indians top Royals for 1st 4-game sweep at Kauffman Stadium