*Watch our report above on the pedestrian accident reported on Friday.*
BEDFORD, Ohio (WJW) — Bedford police are investigating after a pedestrian was hit and killed on I-271 Saturday.
According to the department’s Facebook page, a man attempted to cross the freeway when he was struck by a vehicle.
Police have two lanes blocked while the Accident Investigation Unit investigates.
Drivers are asked to avoid the area if possible.
This is the second pedestrian death reported in the last 24 hours. On Friday, a 12-year-old boy was hit and killed by a car on I-90 near the W. 14th St. ramp.
Get the latest headlines from FOX8.com below:
- ‘A new kind of respect’: Historic season ends; a new Cleveland Browns era begins
- ‘Rooting hard for you’: Will departure note tradition end with Trump?
- After allergic reactions at 1 clinic, California pauses use of large batch of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- Biden outlines ‘Day One’ agenda of executive actions
- Ohio residents 80 and older eligible for COVID-19 vaccine this week