AVON, Ohio (WJW)– An employee at St. Mary of the Woods in Avon is accused of stealing from one of the residents.
Tanisha Mincy, 48, of Lorain, faces charges of theft, forgery and identity fraud.
The facility told police Mincy stole and forged several checks belonging to a resident, according to the Avon police report. The report does not say how much money was written on the checks. The victim is a 90-year-old woman.
Mincy was arrested at her apartment on Tuesday. Her bond was set at $5,000 and she’s scheduled to appear in Avon Lake Municipal Court on Oct. 29.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Former football coach Lou Holtz receives Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Carjackings increase in major cities across the US in 2020
- 18-year-old shot in face with young child in car, Akron police say
- WV police officer dies 2 days after being shot while responding to parking complaint
- Eastlake police asking for public’s help locating 28-year-old woman reported missing