ROSS COUNTY, Ohio (WJW) — The Ross County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday asked for help locating an attempted murder suspect. Now, that suspect is in custody.
The sheriff’s office posted about it on Facebook.
The sheriff said authorities were trying to find 41-year-old Ernest Reed, also known as Bigworm. Reed was wanted as a suspect in an attempted murder that happened Thursday morning on State Route 772.
“Mr. Reed should be considered armed and dangerous,” the sheriff said. “Do not approach and call law enforcement immediately.”
The sheriff’s office gave an update and said Reed was taken into custody at around 3:30 p.m. Thursday at a home. He’s in the Ross County Jail on a parole violation warrant; more charges are pending.
According to the Facebook post, the following agencies helped in arresting Reed:
The Chillicothe Police Department
The Franklin County Sheriff’s Office
The Pickaway County Sheriff’s Office
The Ohio Highway Patrol
The U.S. Marshals Service (S.O.F.A.S.T.)
The U.S. 23 Major Crimes Task Force
The Ohio Adult Parole Authority
The Ross County Sheriff’s Office Patrol Division, and
The Ross County and Fayette County Sheriff’s joint E.R.T. Team
FOLLOW THE LATEST HEADLINES ON FOX8.COM:
- Ohio Investigative Unit cites six businesses for violating coronavirus health orders
- Cleveland police: Woman shot, killed after verbal altercation
- DC shooting leaves 1 dead, at least 20 injured including off-duty police officer
- Ohio coronavirus cases climb over 100,000, health department confirms
- ‘It’s going to work’: DeWine says he is confident in mail-in voting for presidential election