CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) — Another Cleveland Browns player has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to a statement from the team, the Browns were informed of the diagnosis Thursday morning.
The facility is closed, and meetings will take place remotely while contact tracing is conducted to identify any high-risk close contacts.
“The team will continue to consult with the league and medical experts on the appropriate next steps as the health and safety of our players, coaches, staff and the entire community remains our highest priority,” the statement says.
Multiple players have tested positive or have been placed on the team’s COVID-19 list in the past couple of weeks.
Myles Garrett is out all this week and will remain on that list. He will not play in Sunday’s game against the Jaguars.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Allstate stops accepting new property insurance applications in California
- Video: Driver arrested after leading officers on high-speed chase through several cities
- Hot and dry stretch continues, but small rain chance for some
- Brecksville man celebrates life with nephew who became his living donor
- Massive brush fire burns at least 50 acres in Ashtabula County