NEW YORK (AP) — Amazon is looking to kickstart holiday shopping early this year.
The company said Monday that it will hold its annual Prime Day sales event over two days in October That’s because the pandemic forced it to be postponed from July.
It’s the first time the sales event is being held in the fall. Even before Amazon’s announcement, major retailers have said they planned to push shoppers to start their holiday shopping in October, hoping to avoid crowds in their stores in November and December.
This year’s Prime Day, which will run from Oct. 13 to Oct. 14, is sure to put pressure on rivals to offer deals around the same time.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Tipped-over truck on I-77 closes lanes
- Caught on camera: Tornado seen in Northeast Ohio during today’s storms
- Biden calls for $100 payments to newly vaccinated Americans
- Biden announces federal worker vaccine mandate, calls on states to offer $100 for vaccinations
- Caeleb Dressel goes for more gold on Day 7 of Tokyo Games