CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) — The Cleveland Cavaliers’ Darius Garland surprised shoppers at a local Walmart last weekend in a big way.
Accompanied by his brother, Desmond, he bought the groceries of two families at the Steelyard location Saturday.
Garland was born in Gary, Ind., so he surprised two shoppers there as well.
He went to high school in the Nashville area and played college basketball at Vanderbilt University. So his mother also bought groceries for families in Tennessee.
The act was made possible through his Darius Garland Foundation.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- California lifts virus stay-at-home orders, curfew statewide
- Juvenile arrested in killings of 5, including pregnant woman
- Newsfeed Now: House to deliver articles of impeachment to Senate, Bucs make Super Bowl history
- Senators to introduce bill to raise Ohio minimum wage
- Merck ends development of 2 potential COVID-19 vaccines after poor results