OSHP says the crash occurred on State Route 57 in Green Township around 12:03 a.m. Sunday.
An 18-year-old Elyria man had been driving southbound on SR 57 when he failed to yield at a red light.
Officials say he struck a vehicle, driven by an 18-year-old woman from Apple Creek, on the driver’s side. She had been attempting to turn left from County Road 7 and continue northbound on SR 57 when the accident occurred.
After he hit her vehicle, the man’s vehicle continued southbound down the road before striking a guardrail and coming to a rest.
The Wayne County Coroner declared both drivers dead at the scene.
Authorities say alcohol appears to have played a factor in the crash and neither teen had been wearing a seatbelt.
This incident remains under investigation.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Ohio issues travel advisory for five states due to coronavirus spread
- ‘A bizarre incident’: Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca
- Ohio elections leaders still looking for more than 20-thousand poll workers
- Car crashes into house in Howland, killing man inside
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station