AKRON, Ohio (WJW) — Akron police are investigating a fatal crash that may have involved alcohol.
According to a release from police, at around 1:10 a.m. Wednesday, a Dodge Durango, driven by a 28-year-old man, was traveling on East Ave. when the driver went left of center.
Police said he struck a northbound vehicle — a Jeep Compass– head-on. The driver of that vehicle, a 35-year-old woman, was killed instantly, according to Akron police. A 33-year-old man in the Jeep suffered minor injuries, as did the driver of the Dodge Durango.
The release stated that alcohol appears to be a factor in the crash, but it remains under investigation.
Follow the latest headlines on FOX8.com:
- Female suspect arrested after an attempted carjacking on the Ohio Turnpike, OSHP says
- I-TEAM: Some health officials having trouble getting people to follow quarantine orders
- Bank of America online glitch causes $0 to display in several customer accounts
- NCAA board hands call on fall championships to each division
- Browns tight end Austin Hooper develops chemistry with Baker Mayfield in offseason
Related video: Below, see more on two teens who were hurt when a suspect crashed into their crash, trying to escape troopers in Cleveland.