AKRON, Ohio (WJW) — Akron police are investigating an early morning homicide that occurred in the city’s Sherbondy Hill neighborhood.
Police responded to the area of Laurel Avenue and Blanche Street around 4:30 a.m. Friday for reports of a man down.
When officers arrived on scene they found the victim on the ground and bleeding from his head. He was unresponsive.
Medical personnel pronounced the man dead on scene.
The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office will conduct an autopsy. The victim’s name is being withheld pending positive identification and family notifications.
Police have no information on the suspect at this time.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call the Akron Police Department Detective Bureau at 330-375-2490 or 330-375-2Tip.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Winds chills in the teens overnight
- Heavy snow damages outdoor seating area at Little Italy restaurant
- Solon tries to provide help during power outages, bitter cold and pandemic
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- City of Cleveland reports 269 more confirmed COVID-19 cases