AKRON, Ohio (WJW) — Akron police are investigating an early morning homicide that occurred in the city’s Sherbondy Hill neighborhood.
Police responded to the area of Laurel Avenue and Blanche Street around 4:30 a.m. Friday for reports of a man down.
When officers arrived on scene they found the victim on the ground and bleeding from his head. He was unresponsive.
Medical personnel pronounced the man dead on scene.
The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office will conduct an autopsy. The victim’s name is being withheld pending positive identification and family notifications.
Police have no information on the suspect at this time.
Anyone with information regarding this case is asked to call the Akron Police Department Detective Bureau at 330-375-2490 or 330-375-2Tip.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- ‘Little has changed’: Man whose father died in his arms during Dayton shooting still fighting for change one year later
- Drive-Ins RT: BK Rootbeer Drive In
- Drive-Ins RT: African Safari Wildlife Park
- Drive-Ins RT: Aut-O-Rama Drive-In
- August 3, 2020 Road Trip: Drive-Ins