AKRON, Ohio (WJW) — Akron police are looking for a driver accused in a deadly hit-and-run accident.
According to police, 70-year-old James W. Cosgrove, was crossing the street on Manchester Road. at around 6:15 p.m. Monday night when he was struck by a vehicle. Police say that vehicle took off.
Cosgrove was pronounced dead at Cleveland Clinic Akron General.
Police told FOX 8 Cosgrove was on his way home with food from a pantry at a local church.
The hit-and-run vehicle is described as possibly a dark-colored car or truck. It should have front-end damage. Evidence at the scene is being processed.
Anyone with information is asked to please call the Akron Police Department Detective Bureau at 330-375-2490; or 330-375-2TIP, or the Summit County Crimestoppers Inc. at 330-434-COPS. You can also text TIPSCO with your tips to 274637 (Crimes). You can remain anonymous.
RELATED VIDEO, below: Suspect charged after shots fired at Akron kids playing basketball
Here are the latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- Biden reverses Trump ban on transgender people in military
- Live: White House holds briefing as Biden plans to boost US manufacturers
- Third stimulus checks: Here’s what is holding up those $1,400 payments
- California lifts virus stay-at-home orders, curfew statewide
- Juvenile arrested in killings of 5, including pregnant woman