AKRON, Ohio (WJW)– Akron police arrested a man following a bizarre incident at a Subway restaurant Saturday afternoon.
Officers were called to the location on Kenmore Boulevard near 15th Street SW at about 12:45 p.m. for an intoxicated man.
Employees said the man, identified as 44-year-old Don Peters, was visibly drunk and belligerent. He damaged the plexiglass, then walked behind the counter and made his own sandwich, according to police.
When officers searched Peters, they found a bottle of vodka and a block of Subway cheese in his pocket.
Peters was charged with disorderly conduct, open container and criminal damaging. He was taken to the Summit County Jail.
Follow the latest FOX8.com posts, below:
- Winds chills in the teens overnight
- Heavy snow damages outdoor seating area at Little Italy restaurant
- Solon tries to provide help during power outages, bitter cold and pandemic
- U.S. breaks COVID-19 hospitalization record with over 100,000 patients
- City of Cleveland reports 269 more confirmed COVID-19 cases
(In the video, below, Akron police search for teen suspects behind an armed robbery.)