(WJW) The Akron Police Department is mourning the loss of one of their fellow officers.
According to their Facebook post, officer Kenny Jones passed away unexpectedly on Friday.
Officer Jones served with the department for more than 25 years.
Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and the Akron Police Department.
Read the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Clinical trial testing Ivermectin, two other drugs against COVID open for signups
- Man shot to death in car parked in the middle of the street in Elyria
- Pfizer submits report on COVID-19 vaccine effectiveness in kids 5 to 11
- Texas inmate faces execution for murdering two brothers
- Funeral Mass to be held for Cleveland Bishop Anthony Pilla