Officers responded to a home on 5th Ave. at around 9:30 Sunday night for a shooting.
According to police, an unknown suspect fired shots at the home, striking the infant. The child was taken to Summa Akron City Hospital and later died.
A man and woman were also struck during the shooting. They were taken to the hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
There have been no arrests at this time.
Anyone with information is asked to please call the Akron Police Department Detective Bureau at 330-375-2490 or 330-375-2Tip; or, reach out to the Summit County Crimestoppers at 330-434-COPS; or, text TIPSCO with your tips to 274637. Callers can remain anonymous.
Follow the latest headlines on FOX8.com:
- ‘A bizarre incident’: Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca
- Ohio elections leaders still looking for more than 20-thousand poll workers
- Car crashes into house in Trumbull County, killing sleeping man
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station
- Free coronavirus testing Saturday in several Northeast Ohio counties