Editor’s Note: The video above is about an Akron mask proposal.
AKRON, Ohio (WJW) – Police in Akron are investigating a deadly shooting.
It happened Monday night around 7 p.m. at Chesapeake and Dahlgren Dr.
Officers found a 24-year-old man who had been shot.
The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office reports the victim was shot multiple times.
He died at the hospital just before 8 p.m.
Witnesses said the suspect was in a dark-colored vehicle and shot at the victim while he was riding a 4-wheeler.
The victim has not been identified, pending next of kin notifications.
The Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office will conduct an autopsy.
A woman nearby was grazed in the leg with a stray bullet.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the Akron Police Department Detective Bureau at (330)375-2490 .
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Lockdown protocols, other measures ‘saved lives’ in Michigan school shooting: sheriff
- Photos released of possible suspects in armed carjacking
- Parma man dies in plane crash near Pittsburgh
- Boil advisory remains in effect for several east side communities
- 4 killed, including officer and suspect, in Georgia shooting