Goddard died on Aug. 4 at the age of 89. The legendary FOX 8 meteorologist was known for his reliable forecasts, his quick wit and his incredible kindness to animals.
“What an legacy Dick Goddard has left on not only in his hometown, but across the State of Ohio for his advocacy for pets and for his annual Woollybear Festival. He will forever be a household name,” Councilwoman Tara L. Mosley Samples said in a news release on Monday.
The resolution, which passed unanimously, recognized Goddard’s service in the U.S. Air Force, degree from Kent State University and gig as a statistician for the Cleveland Browns. It paid special attention to his work passing Ohio House Bill 60. Also known as Goddard’s Law, it increased penalties for abuse or neglect of a companion animal
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- 49 new coronavirus cases reported in Cleveland Monday
- I-TEAM: Clearing up mail-in ballot mysteries in Cuyahoga County
- Father accused of throwing baby off balcony, killing infant
- Anticipated update of COVID-19 advisory pauses return to in-person learning for some local school districts
- It’s a boy – a big boy. White rhino born at Disney World