ASHTABULA-The Ashtabula County Grand Jury has secretly and directly indicted the man accused with the rape and murder of a 13-month-old girl.
Joshua Gurto, 37, was taken into custody last month after he was spotted at a gas station near Pittsburgh .
He was brought back to Ashtabula County Thursday morning and is being held in the jail.
Gurto fled shortly after the girl was killed. Sereniti Jazzlynn-Sky Blankenship-Sutley, 13 months, died after being found Oct. 7 with blunt force trauma to the head and trunk.
The Conneaut Law Director’s Office filed charges and obtained an arrest warrant for Gurto in Sereniti’s murder and rape. He is believed to be the boyfriend of the baby’s mother.
Gurto has been on indicted on several charges including the following:
- Two counts of aggravated murder, an unclassified felony offense
- Three counts of murder, an unclassified felony offense
- One count of rape, a first degree felony
- One count of felonious assault, a first degree felony
- One count of domestic violence, a first degree misdemeanor
The Grand Jury has also indicted Gurto on two separate death penalty specifications.
He is expected to be back in court later this month.