She was shot and killed at a birthday party on Roselle Ave. Friday night.
Police believe the child was shot in the back while playing in the backyard.
Investigators say a 14-year-old girl was also shot.
She was shot in the leg and treated at Akron Children’s Hospital.
Police say the suspect(s) fired multiple shots outside the home.
At least one neighbor’s house was also struck.
Mikayla was a student at Portage Path Community Learning Center, according to Akron Public Schools.
Akron has had 31 homicides in 2020.
If you have any information that can help police identify suspects in the shooting, call Akron detectives at (330)375-2490.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- Local mail carrier accused of hiding 335 pieces of mail in trunk of car, including ballot application
- Freebies and deals for Halloween 2020
- Man sentenced for Willoughby Hills hit-and-run that injured woman walking dog
- ‘Paul Rudd is a real hero’: Actor hands out cookies to early voters at polls in Brooklyn, video goes viral
- Port Clinton postpones Trick or Treat due to coronavirus