Editor’s Note: The video above is from a Greater Cleveland Food Bank distribution.
(WJW) – Circle K made a pledge in April to donate one meal for every fuel transaction at its stores.
That has amounted to 700,000 meals in Northeast Ohio, and more than 40 million nationwide.
Locally, those meals are going to the Greater Cleveland Foodbank and the Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
“It’s partnerships like this that benefit our Food Bank and give us the ability to provide thousands of meals to our neighbors in need, especially in difficult times like this,” said Kristin Warzocha, President and CEO, Greater Cleveland Food Bank in a press release.
“Here in Northeast Ohio, the impact will be felt significantly, as many families are struggling with the effects of COVID-19. Families who have never needed help before are depleting their savings to make ends meet. No parent should have to choose between food for their children and paying for rent, medical expenses or utilities,” said Dan Flowers, President and CEO, Akron-Canton Regional Foodbank.
Circle K says their efforts are still underway at the pump.
Here are the latest stories from FOX 8
- Trump’s VP: Ranking the candidates from most likely to least
- Elderly Mentor-on-the-Lake man ‘overwhelmed’ after community comes together to light 40-foot-tree in his yard
- Woman, cat rescued from Canton house fire
- Julianna Margulies apologizes for claiming Black people were ‘brainwashed to hate Jews’
- You need up to $15,000 more just to live like you did in 2021, analysis finds