CLEVELAND — A two-year-old boy got a celebratory send-off from University Hospitals Rainbow Babies and Children’s Hospital after a battle with kidney cancer.
The South Russell child, originally diagnosed with a Wilm’s tumor, rang the recovery bell outdoors this afternoon, a long-standing tradition for pediatric patients on their last day of treatment.
A special parade of police, firefighters, family and friends is planned outside the family home later today to send well wishes and celebrate the milestone.
Stick with Fox 8 and Fox8.com for more on this story.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Local mail carrier accused of hiding 335 pieces of mail in trunk of car, including ballot application
- Freebies and deals for Halloween 2020
- Man sentenced for Willoughby Hills hit-and-run that injured woman walking dog
- ‘Paul Rudd is a real hero’: Actor hands out cookies to early voters at polls in Brooklyn, video goes viral
- Port Clinton postpones Trick or Treat due to coronavirus