COLUMBIA TOWNSHIP, Ohio (WJW) — The Elyria Post of the Ohio State Highway Patrol is investigating a two-vehicle crash that resulted in the death of a 22-year-old man.
According to OSHP, the accident occurred on SR 252 near Red Wagon Farms in Columbia Township around 12:55 p.m. Saturday.
A 22-year-old Olmsted Falls man was traveling northbound on SR 252 in a 2006 Hyundai Tiburon when he drove off the right side of the roadway and over-corrected, driving his vehicle left-of-center. His vehicle was struck by a 2000 GMC Sierra pickup truck heading southbound.
The Hyundai then traveled off the left side of the roadway and came to rest in a grassy field.
The 22-year-old driver was taken to Southwest General Hospital, where he later died.
Troopers say the pickup truck driver, a 38-year-old Middleburg Heights man, suffered non-life threatening injuries and was also taken to the hospital.
investigation into this crash remains ongoing.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Former football coach Lou Holtz receives Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Carjackings increase in major cities across the US in 2020
- 18-year-old shot in face with young child in car, Akron police say
- WV police officer dies 2 days after being shot while responding to parking complaint
- Eastlake police asking for public’s help locating 28-year-old woman reported missing