CHICAGO (WJW) — A 20-year-old man was arrested in Chicago after he reportedly live-streamed himself attempting to break into an ATM.
According to FOX 32, Aaron Neal attempted to break into an ATM with a hammer Monday morning. all while live-streaming the incident on social media.
Within 90 minutes of officials releasing videos of several suspects involved in the looting, the Chicago Police Department received a flood of tips.
Officers say these tips led them to the arrest and charge of Neal.
Neal, who was placed into custody without incident, faces one felony count of burglary.
His charges are among 42 felony charges connected to looting and destruction that occurred in the city on Sunday night and Monday morning.
GET THE LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Fox Recipe Box: Potato Stuffed Mushrooms
- ‘It’s a…’: Experts confirm sex of new calf belonging to killer whale who grieved dead calf for 17 days
- Carole Baskin of ‘Tiger King’ fame sued for defamation
- Ohio issues travel advisory for five states due to coronavirus spread
- ‘A bizarre incident’: Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca