EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW) – The U.S. Marshals Office arrested a 17-year-old Tuesday morning in connection with the shooting of an 8-year-old girl.
The suspect, who has not been identified, was taken into custody around 9 a.m. in Warrensville Heights.
The teen was wanted for shooting the child in the head Sunday night.
East Cleveland police officers had responded to a parking lot at 1846 Forest Hills Blvd around 8:30 p.m.
The child had emergency surgery and was last updated to have been in the intensive care unit.
FOX 8 will update you as we learn more.
Here are the latest headlines from FOX 8
- ‘A new kind of respect’: Historic season ends; a new Cleveland Browns era begins
- ‘Rooting hard for you’: Will departure note tradition end with Trump?
- After allergic reactions at 1 clinic, California pauses use of large batch of Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- Biden outlines ‘Day One’ agenda of executive actions
- Ohio residents 80 and older eligible for COVID-19 vaccine this week