LORAIN, Ohio- Thirteen adults and two juveniles were arrested as part of Lorain police’s ‘Operation Grinch Grab.’
Police said the warrants have to do with thefts that have become a problem for Lorain residents.
They said numerous people in the city have been victims of burglaries, suspects breaking into their homes, and thefts from vehicles.
Police said the following people were arrested:
- Rolland Scales, 18, is accused of felony receiving stolen property for possessing items stolen from a burglary in central Lorain. Police say before he was arrested on Thanksgiving, he ran from police officers and forced his way into an occupied residence where he hid from police. He was additionally charged with burglary for his actions.
- Mikael Austin, 20, is accused of felony receiving stolen property for possessing items stolen from a burglary in central Lorain.
- Kimberly Doan, 28, is accused of felony theft for allegedly stealing over $2000 from her employer 7/11.
- Desmond Guice, 19, was arrested for felony burglary for his alleged involvement in a burglary in south Lorain. Police said he is also the suspect in several other burglaries in the south Lorain area.
- Ebony Jackson, 37, is accused of felony theft after allegedly passing a bad check at the Lorain Party Center and never responding to the business to make good on the check.
- Joshua Kell, 18, was arrested, accused of felony receiving stolen property after police said he had a credit card which had been stolen from a vehicle in south Lorain. Kell is suspected of stealing from multiple vehicles in the south Lorain area.
- Charles Seaman, 34, is accused of 14 counts of theft from vehicles. Police said the thefts happened on the east side of Lorain.
- Laquan Wallace, 23, was arrested for a burglary which occurred on the west side of Lorain.
- Raven Wannamaker, 19, was arrested for his alleged involvement in multiple burglaries in south Lorain.
- Darrel Watkins, 19, was arrested for felony receiving stolen property resulting from a burglary on the west side of Lorain.
- Michael Wright, 50, is accused of 4 counts of felony forgery and 4 counts of felony receiving stolen property for allegedly cashing $420 in checks.
- Two juvenile arrests were made in connection to burglaries in south Lorain.
In addition, police said due to the fact that theft offenses are often associated with a heroin addiction connection, warrants were issued and served for trafficking in heroin.
Darrel Williams, 24, and John Stanley III, 29, were arrested for felony trafficking in heroin.
Lorain police said more arrests in this operation are coming.