14-year-old girl electrocuted when cell phone falls into bathtub

This is an archived article and the information in the article may be outdated. Please look at the time stamp on the story to see when it was last updated.

LUBBOCK, Texas — A teenage girl was electrocuted after her cell phone fell into the bathtub.

KCBD reports that Madison Coe, 14, died early Sunday when she was in the bathtub and either plugged her phone in or grabbed her phone that was already plugged in.

Her family says there was a burn mark on her hand and that it was “obvious that that’s what had happened.”

The family is making it their mission to  make sure something like this doesn’t happen again.

Read more here. 

Around the Buckeye State

More Ohio News
FOX 8 Cleveland Weather // Quick Links:

Hot on FOX 8

More Viral