LORAIN, Ohio (WJW) — Lorain police responded to a call Saturday night regarding a reported shooting.
Once arriving at Oakwood Park in Lorain around 7:45 p.m., police reported finding a 14-year-old boy, who had been shot two times, near the basketball court.
The teen, who was considered to be in serious condition, was then taken to Lorain Mercy Hospital and later MetroHealth Medical Center, police reported.
While multiple people witnessed the altercation, they either ran away from the scene or were not willing to speak to police.
Authorities are continuing to investigate the incident and anyone with pertinent information is encouraged to call 440-204-2105.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- Can I change my vote once I’ve cast my ballot in Ohio?
- Live video: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine holds coronavirus news conference
- Health panel proposes colon cancer tests start at 45, not 50
- Kenny’s celebrating the ‘Best of Cleveland’
- 98 arrested, three missing children found in month-long ‘Operation Double Impact’