EDITOR’S NOTE: The child’s age has been updated following new information provided by officials.
CLEVELAND (WJW)– Emergency crews responded to Interstate 90 at Ontario Street in downtown Cleveland Friday afternoon for an injured 12-year-old boy, EMS officials said.
The child was taken to MetroHealth Medical Center in critical condition.
Further details on the incident are not available at this time.
According to the Ohio Department of Transportation, the right two eastbound lanes are blocked near the Abbey Avenue exit heading into downtown.
The latest headlines from FOX8.com:
- As Kent prepares for Halloween, residents skeptical people will comply with COVID-19 ordinance
- Expect a rainy start to your week in Northeast Ohio
- 52 new coronavirus cases reported in Cleveland Sunday
- Halloween goes on at the White House during the pandemic with a few twists
- 3 suspects wanted after car, credit cards stolen from 72-year-old man whose wife is at Cleveland Clinic