CLEVELAND (WJW) — St. Vincent Charity Medical Center is asking for prayers for one woman who is near and dear to their community.
For the last 30 years, Sister Xavier, a nun with the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, has been handling prayer requests for the Cleveland medical center’s patients, employees and anyone else in need, praying for people daily.
The nun has now tested positive for COVID-19.
“I would be pleased to have people praying for me,” Xavier said in a statement. “However, I now have more time now than ever to pray harder each day for each of you and your intentions.”
The sister is reportedly “doing well.” She worked for the medical center for years before retiring.
Get the latest headlines on FOX8.com below:
- 3 men, including Ohio entrepreneur, paying to fly to space station; Here’s what it will cost them…
- Watch Live: Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine gives update on coronavirus vaccine rollout
- Republicans reintroduce amendment to impose term limits on members of Congress
- Westlake police warn of recent residential burglaries, asking for public’s help
- Senate confirms Antony Blinken as 71st secretary of state