INDIANTOWN, Fla. (WJW) — A Florida man is accused of shooting his ex-girlfriend to death in front of six children, including her 10-year-old daughter, who was on learning online with her class at the time of the murder Tuesday.
CW reports Donald J. Williams, 27, shot and killed Maribel Rosado-Morales, 32, at a home in Indiantown at around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
CW reports Martin County Sheriff William Snyder said it all started with some type of argument, in which Williams confronted Morales about “something to do with a video.”
“He says she actually started to smile at him and he became enraged and shot her,” Snyder said.
Morales was shot repeatedly in front of her four children, who are between the ages of 10 and 17, and two cousins, Snyder said.
“The teacher’s statement is that she heard a commotion, knew it was some kind of confrontation, muted it and then watched the 10-year-old put her hands up to her ears,” Snyder said.
One of the bullets actually struck the computer, and the screen went blank.
Williams fled the scene, but he was caught and arrested. He gave a full confession, Snyder said.
Morales was taken to the hospital but passed away.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Cleveland music legend Michael Stanley dealing with ‘serious health issues,’ family says
- Columbus police searching Polaris Fashion Place mall after report of shots fired
- Gov. Cuomo to hold first news conference following harassment allegations
- 10-digit dialing coming to certain area codes
- Know this nose? Mystery snout shows up in Cleveland