INDIANTOWN, Fla. (WJW) — A Florida man is accused of shooting his ex-girlfriend to death in front of six children, including her 10-year-old daughter, who was on learning online with her class at the time of the murder Tuesday.
CW reports Donald J. Williams, 27, shot and killed Maribel Rosado-Morales, 32, at a home in Indiantown at around 8 a.m. Tuesday.
CW reports Martin County Sheriff William Snyder said it all started with some type of argument, in which Williams confronted Morales about “something to do with a video.”
“He says she actually started to smile at him and he became enraged and shot her,” Snyder said.
Morales was shot repeatedly in front of her four children, who are between the ages of 10 and 17, and two cousins, Snyder said.
“The teacher’s statement is that she heard a commotion, knew it was some kind of confrontation, muted it and then watched the 10-year-old put her hands up to her ears,” Snyder said.
One of the bullets actually struck the computer, and the screen went blank.
Williams fled the scene, but he was caught and arrested. He gave a full confession, Snyder said.
Morales was taken to the hospital but passed away.
LATEST HEADLINES FROM FOX8.COM:
- Ohio issues travel advisory for five states due to coronavirus spread
- ‘A bizarre incident’: Brown bear breaks into the Alaska Zoo, kills popular alpaca
- Ohio elections leaders still looking for more than 20-thousand poll workers
- Car crashes into house in Howland, killing man inside
- Protesters leave casket full of dirt, cow manure at North Carolina police station