CLEVELAND, Ohio (WJW)- In the spirit of the Cleveland Indians home opener, the Dawson Foundation teamed up with a local Chick-fil-A restaurant to celebrate the beginning of baseball season here in Northeast Ohio.
350 Chick-fila-A sandwiches, masks, and bottled water were passed out at various locations Monday in the city.
- Cleveland, Warrensville Heights bars cited for violating state COVID-19 orders
- Woman arrested after refusing to return $1.2 million mistakenly put into her account
- Investigation underway after Cleveland fire station hit by gunfire
- Mother-daughter duo believes they found centuries-old pirate sword
- Akron RubberDucks need you to sing the national anthem
The Men’s and Women’s Shelter along with the City Mission and The Salvation Army were among the places served.
This is an annual event for Chick-fila-A, but because of the pandemic, they took a different approach and joined forces with the Dawson Foundation to help those in need.