Summer Roasted Red Pepper & Bean Dip
This Mediterranean-inspired appetizer offers protein, heart-healthy monounsaturated fat, and fiber — a great alternative to high-fat, high-sodium dips. Serve with cut-up vegetables or toasted pita wedges.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 (16-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and drained
- 1 large garlic clove
- 2 TBSP. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
Place first five ingredients in a food processor; process until smooth.
With processor on, slowly add oil through food chute.
Stir in salt and black pepper to taste.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1/4 cup).
Calories: 62 (51% from fat); Fat: 3.5g (sat 0.5g, mono 2.5g, poly 0.5g); Protein: 1.5g; Carbohydrate: 5.9g; Fiber: 1.5g; Cholesterol: 0.0mg; Iron: 0.6mg; Sodium: 272mg; Calcium: 16mg